Congratulations to the top 3 winners on this amazing competition organized by datafest.africa & sunbird.ai
I didn't really have time on this competition so I couldn't run many experiments. My approach was most basic. Resize signals --> extract mel/mfcc spectrograms --> fit resnet18(bs: 8, epochs:15, One cycle policy schedule).
Extracted spectrograms only had one channel(depth), so I changed the pretrained models input parameters to accept the spec images. Also discovered that this didn't work well for some models like effnetb5, b4, seresnet, probably I had to tune it better or run more experiments.
Things I'd have loved to try
I couldn't run more experiments so please share your approaches, thoughts, what worked for you and what didn't so we can learn. Cheers