Chart of the Week - 8 June 2022
Connect · 8 Jun 2022, 10:12 · edited 13 minutes later · 2

Hello Zindians and Happy Wednesday!

This weekend, Zindi launched a football-themed challenge at exactly the same moment as @Johnowhitaker penned a message to a friend in favour of dedicating Friday afternoons to frivolous projects. Putting his money where his mouth is, he resolved to ignore the main premise of the challenge and focus on finding a weird way to visualise the data.

This is the result. It is a simulation of the famous 'Stable Fluids' algorithm, using a solution to the Navier-Stokes equations to simulate fluids under certain conditions. He began with a more traditional simulation based on this video and then tweaked the forcing function to apply forces based on passes in a football game. There are lots of tweaks still to be made, but Johno found the resulting visualisation a fun and novel way to consume 90 minutes of gameplay in 90 seconds.

What do you think of this soccer-themed AI art project?

What do you think of this soccer-themed AI art project?

Find the data in the Laduma Analytics Football League Winners Prediction Challenge.

Message amyflorida626 if you would like to share a chart of the week via Zindi.

Discussion 2 answers

Pls. How do we submit to Zindi?

We would love to have your chart on Chart of the Week! You can message me. Click on my username, it will take you to my profile where you will see a "Message" button.