About Easy Solar
Easy Solar is a leading solar company in West Africa, distributing and financing high-quality solar products and appliances for those with limited or no access to the conventional grid.
Customers can finance their purchases over time by paying in weekly or monthly instalments, with the option to pay via cash or mobile money. To date, Easy Solar has reached more than 400,000 beneficiaries, who access products and services through the company's extensive network of agents and outlets throughout Sierra Leone and Liberia.
We are looking for a savvy Data Engineer with 5+ years of experience with a strong engineering background to join our growing engineering team. The hire will be responsible for expanding and optimizing our data and data pipeline architecture, as well as optimizing data flow and collection for cross-functional teams.
The ideal candidate is an experienced data pipeline builder and data wrangler who enjoys optimizing data systems and building them from the ground up. The Data Engineer will support our software developers and data analysts on data initiatives and will ensure optimal data delivery architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects.
They must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems and products. The right candidate will be excited by the prospect of optimizing or even re-designing our company’s data architecture to support our next generation of products and data initiatives.
General Duties and Responsibilities
Skills and Responsibilities:
● Develop, construct, test and maintain architectures
● Strong Engineering background, Big data, ETL tools
● Building and maintaining Data Warehouses/Centralized databases and data modeling
● Building data pipelines
● Align architecture with business requirements
● Data acquisition
● Develop data set processes
● Python, Nodejs, AWS, GCP, serverless functions, distributed systems
● SQL and NoSQL Databases (PostgreSQL, MySQL, MongoDB, Cassandra, CouchDB)
● Data streaming tools (Kafka, Spark, Pub/Sub, Storm)
● Identify ways to improve data reliability, efficiency and quality
● Conduct research for industry and business questions
● Use large data sets to address business issues
● Deploy sophisticated analytics programs, machine learning and statistical methods
● Prepare data for predictive and prescriptive modeling
● Find hidden patterns using data
● Use data to discover tasks that can be automated
What we Offer
● Competitive salary
● A unique opportunity to expand energy access & financial inclusion at scale in West Africa
● A secure position in a rapidly growing company with a young, dynamic and motivated team
● The opportunity to develop new solutions and concepts to support a growing retail and asset-financing business
● A very attractive, performance-based, remuneration with benefits
● Plenty of opportunities to grow within the company
● The opportunity to take part in one of West Africa’s most exciting entrepreneurial companies that have a strong commitment to outstanding customer service, user-friendly, high-quality life-changing devices and environmental sustainability
● Frequent coaching and training
● The opportunity to work closely with a young, international, tech-driven team of renewable energy enthusiasts
● Relocation package
● Two return-trip home per year
● International medical insurance
If you think you are a fit or if you know someone who is currently on the lookout, please send your resume to email@example.com
To apply for this role, take a look at the application description