Zanifu is an early-stage fin-tech startup based in Nairobi, Kenya. Our mission is to bring access to stock financing to small businesses in Africa. We do this by building products that provide Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises (MSMEs)with the tools to efficiently finance their working capital & grow their turnover.
The job holder will have primary responsibility for utilizing data to drive and scale our services. This will include creating robust data structures to consume relevant points, building models to segment the portfolio across demographics and performance, predicting the willingness and ability of prospective borrowers to repay, and performing dynamic data decisions to improve credit scoring.
This role will partner with internal operation teams to enable a high level of data integrity, consistency and clarity across multiple databases and reporting systems. The role holder will operate at a high degree of autonomy while sharing ideas, debating approaches and receiving feedback to develop more effective analyses.
This role will also be responsible for presenting data as evidence to support the short-term and long-term risk methodology, policy and assessment approaches of the Credit department.
The role requires working with large data sets using quantitative techniques and building complex statistical models that learn from big data. The candidate will be required to develop cutting-edge, creative and advanced analytic solutions and processes.
The team closely collaborates with business stakeholders to understand the business problem in order to determine the most appropriate analytic approach that provides meaningful results to the business.
The role holder will be a voice to educate, elevate and advocate for the continual value of leveraging analytics to inform decision-making.
● Build information systems and use analytical techniques that enable management to measure credit risk - a system to provide adequate information on the portfolio, including identification of concentration of risk.
● Work closely with software engineers and the CEO to understand how to apply data that is sourced and fill any gaps in the data sets that are retrieved.
● Actively seek out opportunities to innovate by using non-traditional data and new modelling techniques.
● Ensure all project documentation is up to date and maintain the highest levels of quality in reports by periodically reviewing the continued relevance and use of existing reports.
● Enhance existing analytic techniques by promoting new methodology and best practices in the analytics field. Leverage and analyse data from multiple sources to create value in decision-making.
● Monitor and forecast consumer goods marketing and sales trends for the Company.
● Provide competitive analysis on various companies’ market offerings while identifying market trends, pricing/business models, sales and methods of operation.
● Measure the effectiveness of commercial programs and strategies using appropriate data analysis software.
● Extrapolate market trends and patterns from data analysis, translate data to insights, flag issues and suggest opportunities.
● Prepare reports and present results to management and to different internal stakeholders. Additionally, provide high-level estimates to support the development ofbusiness cases for investment purposes.
Bachelors’ Degree/ in ComputerScience, Statistics or equivalent masters Degree in relevant field
Personal qualities & behavioural traits
Good analytical and problem-solving skills
Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, interpret and disseminate significant amounts of information and provide business insight is critical.
Tech savvy Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques.
Outstanding written and spoken communication skills
The ability to present data to different levels of management and stakeholders is key.
Excellent organizational skills, and attention to detail
The conclusions drawn from your data analysis will drive critical departmental initiatives. Accuracy and attention to detail are paramount.
We are inspired by the infinite potential of people. We are a team of challengers and game-changers that collaborate to innovate in smarter ways. We value Trust, Integrity and professionalism. If you are keen to grow yourself as an individual in the fin-tech space, then we would like to hear from you.