Datasets provided for this challenge are from various sources including the Stats SA portal. The datasets include:
- New car sales (NAAMSA)
- Consumer Confidence (Bureau for Economic Research)
- CO2 Emissions (World Bank)
- Consumer Spending (SA Reserve Bank)
- Disposable Personal Income (SA Reserve Bank)
- Employed Persons (Statistics SA)
- Employment Rate (Statistics SA)
- Unemployment Rate (Statistics SA)
- GDP (World Bank, Statistics SA)
- Households Debt to Income (SA Reserve Bank)
- Household Saving Ratio (Statistics SA)
- Retail Sales (Statistics SA)
Please note that these data sources are just a starting point to use as inputs to any model you may be building. Feel free to look for alternative sources outside of the starting list. The only prerequisites for using other data sources is that data should be freely available to all participants (no paid licensed data) and the data will need to be emailed to Zindi who will work with RMB to approve it for use in the challenge. All additional datasets need to be submitted to Zindi by 1 September 2023.
Additional datasets collected from the Monthly Mini Challenges will be added.